Fire wreaks havoc in Imo, burns deaf and dumb couple, son

[ad_1]

A couple, Ugochukwu Igbokwe and Ihuoma Igbokwe who reside in Umudike Oka Ugiri in Isiala-mbano LGA of Imo State have been burnt by a wildfire, which also left the building destroyed.

DAILY POST gathered that the husband and wife are deaf and dumb while the son is barely a year old.

According to an indigene of the area, Darlington Onyelike, the victims are in a deteriorating condition and need financial support from good-spirited individuals.

He said, “The woman and her husband are deaf and dumb. It was difficult to raise alarm when the building caught fire. Their 1 year-old-son is worst affected by the fire. The woman is pregnant and will soon put to bed. It is terrible.

CHECK THIS OUT:   I will recover every penny looted from Imo treasury - Uzodinma

“They live in a one-room apartment here in Umudike Ugiri. The family is dying slowly.”

He further disclosed that the victims are currently in a hospital and are in dire need of financial help to pay their medical bills.

[ad_2]

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here